Sunday, April 8, 2012

Rubon Resist Tutorial with My Sketch World


Hi everyone.. it's Bev here again.. I am thrilled to be staying on
as the Tutorial Designer at My Sketch World.
I never really know if what I share with you is new or old but
if I have never tried it .. I go with it and hope I can share something
that will interest you and prompt you to try it.

Today is RUBON as a RESIST.
The above photo has 2 rubons on a piece of cardstock. The
fabulous bird and the sentiment.

Now I sprayed it with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist.


You then take paper towel and daub off the paint
on top of the rubon. Notice how the bright white is popping off the paper.


I matted this circle and this is an accent and title to my layout page.

I used the April My Sketch World sketch from Lucy to
make my page. I love the finished page .. and especially
love the look of the rubon resist accent as part of the page.
It was perfect touch and was a great part of using the circular part of the sketch.

I used Momenta product on this page and I am going to share this with
Scrap Scene WIP this week. Also used Just Imagine Crafts/Kreaxions Punches on
this. Kreaxions Punch #303, star template and fall away pieces.
Supply List:
Papers: Momenta PA2253, PA 2254(need to check this one)
Cardstock: Momenta PA 0658, DCWV
Tag: Momenta PA 2395
Punch: Just Imagine Crafts/Kreaxions #303, Martha Stewart
Template: Star from Kreaxions
Pen: Signo
Rubon: MME
Glimmer Mist: Tattered Angel
Ink: Colorbox
Other: brads

Here is a close up the finished accents piece with all the trims on it.

Now below I thought I'd share the 2nd Rubon Resist that I tried.
This one I am using on a card.


I used the frame and bird rubon to start with.


On this one I sprayed with 3 colours and very heavy in one spot.

Using the same process I daubed with paper towel to take
off the excess ink that is on the rubon.
The white part is especially popping again.

This is the piece when the daubing was complete.
The frame and bird definitely are defined again.

Here is my finished card using the same process.
I really like the look of this. What and easy and amazing
technique to use with so many of those rubons we all have.
I used cardstock pieces and applied the finished accent to my projects.
It also would work directly on the background of a page or card but you
would have to have an idea exactly where to place it first.
My method just allowed a bit more easy of placement.
Sure hope you liked this today .. be sure to stop by My Sketch World
and share your project with us using this method.

Photobucket

7 comments:

Darcy said...

very neat, Bev!

Aimee Kidd said...

This may be an older technique but it's still a great one!! I love your layout and card Bev!! Both are very pretty! Thanks for sharing!!

Happy Easter to you and your family! Hope it's a blessed one!

Joan said...

Great technique - thanks for sharing!!!!
Love the page and the card!!!

Joan said...

Great technique - thanks for sharing!!!
Pretty card and layout!!!

Vicki said...

Great project! I'm going to have to give it a try!

Christa said...

Nice work Bev. You did a great job with the sketch. Popped by Let's get Sketchy and enjoyed your work there too.

Evethmoon Crafty Creations said...

Oh, I love that bird and the technique you used looks complicated but so worth it. I am new to your blog and your newest follower. I also made a project to hold markers Please come check it out and become a follower of my blog. Hugs and God bless!