Friday, April 26, 2013

My Scraps and More Spring into Summer Crop


My Scraps and More is celebrating Spring into Summer with a Crop.
I made 2 cards for the challenges.. one for Spring and one for Summer.
This one (above)  is to represent springtime in the gardens and flowers.



I made a slightly different but easy base to share on this one.
Start with a 4" x 12" card base.
Score at the 4" and 8" mark.
On the front panel cut the diagonal line from one corner to the opposite corner.
Now how easy is that.
Decorate as you like except now make the floral accents.


Supply List:
2 - 4  floral stems
Lace or ribbon.. a good length for wrapping 

On the left side of the above photo is my chosen cluster and I twisted the
wires to hold the flowers in place. Also you cut the wire to desired length.



In the above photo you can see I tied a know near the top under the flowers
 and left enough ribbon length to be able to tie a bow.
You take the long end then and wind it around and around down to the bottom of the wire.
You then start back up the stem the same way to the top again.


At the top you then tie a small but too cute bow to finish off your cluster of flowers.
It is ready to mount on any project.


**************************************

For the summer my card was created with over the rainbow in mind.....
and my challenge is to use the fun bold bright colours of the rainbow to create with.


I used layers of Kreaxions Punch #920 with and without insert.
I made a circular SRM sentiment and added a circular ring.
Under it I added some SMR border sticker.
Also I added scalloped SRM sticker left over pieces.. they are thin but
are a perfect touch to any border element.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Debbie P said...

I love these cards! Especially love the little flower bouquet!