Saturday, December 24, 2016

Multi tasking a Dew Drop Tree with Tutorial


hi.. I love when I see something new that inspires me and I get to make the patterns to share with you to make some too. Today it's a Dew Drop Tree... doing a multi task post with Robin's Nest dew drops and Creative Embellishments chipboards. Both fit this project so perfectly.

I started with the small 6x6" paper pad so you have a square. Fold that in half.



Now using my paper cutter I sliced as per the diagram above... about 1/2" intervals and about 1/2" away from the folded edge.



Open up with print to the bottom and slices going up to top as per photo.


Now start gluing from the bottom up and going to the centre and matching at the centre. I did all rows left 1st glued and more glue and right side.


Go all as far as you can to the top as per photo. You do want a piece left on top.


Cut the excess off leaving enough to put a star or any tree topping you like.


On the bottom fold up a section to base the tree and glue it down.


Using the piece you cut off the top make a base tree trunk.


With that left over piece I glued it down to cover the tree top section that was white backside paper so I now have a fully print paper tree.


Trim the excess paper following the tree top section.


Here is your finished tree. It was really easy once I figured out the size and dimensions.


Now it's tree trimming time. There are a large choice of colours to pick from and many different shapes but I choose gold, silver and clear round dew drops for mine. You can trim any way you like.
I finished it off with the diamond dew drop star on top.



Here is my finish tree which I then matted to 2 based colours, add some stickers, added tree and then add the border ribbon.  I add some white signo gel pen doodled stitch lines and then added the sparkling chipboard done using Nuvo gold glimmer paste (from The Rubber Buggy). The small words sentiments are the best size to finish off cards. What a great combo... I love it

 

 


Thanks for visiting today..... Merry Christmas and see you in the New Year.


2 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow gorgeous Bev and so different like it.
Merry Christmasssssss
Gr Karin

Nancy Hill said...

Bev: I saw this tree next to my blog today and don't know if you had posted this to The Rubber Buggy blog even though I try to check this blog every day.

This tree is soooo adorable. Suggestion is to post this gorgeous blog today even though I have a blog on there for today or do it for tomorrow if you aren't posting this to The Rubber Buggy. It would be wonderful for others to see.