Tuesday, January 8, 2013

How To'sday and Folded Chevrons at Scrapbook Steals


Hi, Bev here today. I am so excited to share my first official duty and post with Scrapbook Steals today.
Every Tuesday we post a How To'sday tip and tutorial section with you. I am sharing a Folded Chevron with you today which was inspired by my friend Nicole at MSW. Since viewing her tutorial I have been added these way too easy folded chevrons to many of my pages. When I had to hand cut and pieces so many pieces I found I didn't do it that often... but now with this too easy method I am hoping you will use them more often also. Also I would like to acknowledge that this is a expanded scraplift from Georgia Heald.

In this close up you can see the detail of the folded chevron.
Also I addsome some fun clustered accents on the chevron border. Some ribbon, punched ticket with stamps added and a brad.
 Now for the tutorial section of the post.
1. Cut strips 12" x 2" (for a full layout border) .. adjust if making a card.

2. On the backside draw a line through the centre.

3. Using a sectioned off mat draw 1" lines the full length of the strip. ( if you don't own a mat the secret is 1" squares)

4. Starting at centre we are going to cut every 2nd line on one side of strip.
5. On the other side you will cut every 2nd but use the alternating lines.
Both are marked on my sample to show you.


6. Staring at the centre where you have the 2" span fold as above folding the tip (corner into the line ).
Every section of 2 folds into each other ( as above). Finish the full side.

7. Now that one full side is done .. flip it over and repeat the same but it will be at alternated points.

 8.This is the back when all folded.

 9. Flip over to view the good side. It is all so neat and uniform and was so easy to make.


In this section of my close up page you can see the paint solid and splattered. In the upper corner I made a cluster of fun ribbon, chipboard and stickers.

 In this close up I used some chipboard, ribbons, sticker strips and inked some ripped paper.

 In this section I randomly put in 3 brads that I then joined with some twine.

Here is the last close up corner showcasing yet again the folded chevron border with some added accents like washi tape, cut and popped up circle with chipboard centre and the stitching pops in this view also.
So glad you could join me today.. besure to check out weekly what the other DT have to share weekly with you.... have a great day.. Bev DT Scrapbook Steals

Supply List:
Paper: from my stash but could be from Costco
Stickers and Chipboard: EP for the record 2
Punched tag: Tim Holtz Matchbook Notepad Bingo
Stamps: Heidi Grace and Misc
Brads: My Minds Eye Lush
Other: paint, stitching, ribbon, washi tape
Tutorial Inspiration: Nicole MSW
Scraplift Inspiration: Georgia Heald

Photobucket

No comments: