Thursday, July 21, 2011

Practical Scrappers - Brown is the new Black


For this challenge "Brown is the new Black" I used a Dollar Store canvas, added

lots of brown paint with a touch of cream and burgundy accent paint. In the lower right corner I powder heat embossed a design. With this background done I then got my paper which I ripped and inked, added a punched border, glossy accents some of the accents, added prima flowers and pearls with stones flourish and my gramma's antique car photos to finish it off.. the lizzy car.

It was perfect... what a great challenge.


Practical Scrappers wrote:
"At first mention, the color brown may seem boring, but brown is really one of the greatest colors around if you ask me. Just think creamy chocolate, rich coffee, smooth latte...Brown works as a great neutral, holding it's own beside white or black as a base color, without the harshness black can sometimes add to a project. Brown is warm and comforting, natural and calming, and works with just about everything. Think about a light blue and brown color combo, or apple green and brown, bubblegum pink and brown etc.
Have a look at some of these fabulous brown projects, and I'm sure you'll be swayed to add a bit of brown into your next project. "

Be sure to skip on over and check what everyone did... it's amazing.. I even saw my friend Christa Uttley submitted and entry.. yeah Christa.


Photobucket

No comments: