Thursday, December 15, 2011

Terrirically Thrilling Thursday multitasking at 5 sites


So with Multi Tasking this Thursday I submitted this layout to 5 sites.
MSW for Nicoles challenge to use accent grid.
Cookin' Up Creations and use floral clusters.
My Scraps and More for 12 days of xmas .. day 7 was strips.
Scrapbook Challenges for a Then and Now layout using same photo.
Just Imagine Crafts with Kreaxions Punches.
With all this in mind I started with 7 strips. I then Kreaxions Punched #309 with insert A staggering them and alternating on opposite sides.. then matted the strips.
I totally finished the background with strips before I started the layout.
I grabbed the cute photo and with the busy background decided the red circle would frame and highlight the picture perfectly using the Kreaxions Circle Cutter of course.
To coordinate some more red into the layout I cut some journal strips, the cricut title and part of the cricut cut butterflies. I also pulled the bright red brads.
From there I grabbed some of the adorable felties flowers and accents to cluster with the butterflies for the perfect combo.
This close up photo shows the matted punched strips, the bright brads, the circle frame.......
This corner shows the cricut cut title, small cluster...
This corner shows the journal strips, the frame and the cute cluster of flowers and butterfly.
So next time your ready to make a layout .. think about the background, of all the ways you could start with cardstock, and make your own designed background to mount your photos onto and add accents.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Malin/malwa said...

Such a beautiful layout! Love the dotted strips and the little flowers on them. And the circle fram. and the butterflies. And... ;)

Ann said...

The circle frame is lovely and a super way to pop that photo out of the busy background.
Thank you, also, Bev, for the lovely comment you left on my blog duirng the MSW bloghop - I really appreciated it!