Saturday, November 18, 2017

Happy Birthday Card at Dies R Us Blog


Hi .. How are you today. This DT project for Dies R Us showcases a birthday card made using lots of die cuts... some single and some matted for pop of colour and depth with texture too. The papers are from the Graphic 45 Raining Cats and Dogs collection.... the colours were perfect for boarders and flowers.

Supply List:
Machine: Big Shot Express
Paper: Graphic 45 Raining Cats and Dogs
Other: Beacon glue, cardstock, ribbon


To start this card I die cut all the pieces and just placed them on the base for proposed placement. I moved them around until I got the look I wanted.


I also decided that I wanted a ribbon tied bow for and accent and it was going to have to be below behind everything so I placed it first along with the border edge.


In this finished card you can see I matted the background, matted a few flowers for pop of colour and left the others in single layers. Both single and clustered flowers with leaves and different sizes looks perfect.



In the close up you get a better view of the details.


Mixing and using lots of dies gives your card a rich but elegant look... it's a perfect birthday card for my family and friends.


Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
click below for:

Thanks for visiting... hope to see you again soon, Have a great day.

2 comments:

D's Paper Studio said...

Love how you used the heart side die. The card is fabulous!

Jackie Plank said...

Oh wow, I love that die on the left side, totally awesome!!