Sunday, February 3, 2013

My Scraps and More Sunday Card Challenge

 
Today at My Scraps and More .. the Sunday Card Challenge
with me today is to make some cards... get a bit messy but have fun.
Some of the things you need are rubons, Versa Mark, stamps and mist and paint.
The base can be cardstock.. I used white.
We are going to play with RUBONS AS A RESIST.
 
 
You can start leaving this first step off if you like but I thought it
would just give more depth in the layers?
I misted and blobbed on the cardstock.

 
Now I applied rubons to start the design.

 
Now I misted again on top of the rubons.
The blob is a little more than I like so I daubbed it lightly
and in the bottom section I spread a light bit of brushed on paint.
 
 
When it all dries the rubon is still in tact and the
mist or paint was wiped off using paper towel.
 
**********************************
AND here is my 2nd Project.
 
 
Using the same technique I applied rubbons to my cardstock background first this time.
I then misted in different densities and way too much on top of the rubon.

 
Using paper towel I daubed off some of the excess spray.

 
Now this card is different than the other one which was full size and left plain when done.
On this one I double matted and added some more layers to the base card.
So many options and can't wait to see what you do with
this fun technique to use rubons as a resist.
 
Photobucket

No comments: