Tuesday, February 5, 2013

How To'sday at Scrapbook Steals & HEARTS GALORE

 Hi and welcome today to "HEARTS GALORE"
with me at Scrapbook Steals How To'sday.
 
I am going to share lots of fun crafts using hearts of different sizes, shapes and textures.
I am starting with the layout above.
 
 
Misting the background is done by Cricut cutting a heart and adding 2 other plastic mesh hearts that
are bought at the craft store that are used for needlepoint.
They make a great cluster to  mist through.

 
In this close up you can see the misted cluster and I added a dollar store felt accent on a wire stem with bow. I also started with layers of papers from Echo Park Yours Truly collection.
With the layers you also see brads, and a chevron border. I added a title and some gem stones.
 
*******************************************
 
 
Here is a really cute weaved heart tag.
Here is the detailed link with instructions.
 
 
You start with a 3x9" strip that you fold in half and round the corners.
You do this with 2 co-ordinating papers. I used one plain and one polka dots.

 
Using my cutter I marked the 1" and 2" on the 3" span and cut from
the upper edge near but not at the top of half circle edge down to the bottom.
If you weave at all .. it's easy to weave the 2 together... over and through the centre.. over - under alternating rows. The link above gives more details for the beginner.
 
 
Thanks for joining me today.. I really had a great time creating these HEARTS GALORE
to share with you. Be sure to come back on Thursday when I share even more.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Unknown said...

These are both just FAB, Bev!! I LOVE how you used the hearts (and the plastic one)to mist on your page!

That picture is adorable - what a beautiful layout!!

Lee-Anne said...

Love this Bev! The plastic screens are a brilliant idea!

MichelleMc said...

Aww what a cutie! Beautiful layout! Love the misting cluster! Fabulous heart tag!

LisaM said...

Love the weaver heart tag and your layout is adorable!