So I know it's February and Christmas is over but it usually takes me until about now to order or print all those fun Christmas photos. It's always fun to create Christmas and Winter pages using winter theme colors and papers, adding the feel of cold by choosing accents with a chilly feel to them. Blue is a color that denotes winter and things that are cold or icy, and the sparkle of glitter makes pages feel like snow and frost. With these things in mind, I pulled blue papers, vellum printed with snowflakes, and a Christmas border punch, along with some great family photos. The girls all have on warm, snugly sweaters on - even if my son doesn't....LOL.
- Paper: Robin's Nest Snow Stripe glitter, Irredescent snow glitter, winter words cardstock
- Accents: Robin's Nest dew drops, straw, doily, rub-on
- Punch: EK Success
- Other: cardstock
1. This fun page started with a 12x12" background base which I broke into 2 sectors. The lower base was a great patterned print and the upper a solid blue cardstock. Over the cardstock however I added a clear/white glitter snowflake pattern piece of vellum.
2. To showcase the different sectors on this page I punched borders to separate and pop on the page. I chose to use one on the top, one through the centre where there was a paper change.. and only a partial piece that fit perfect when the photos were placed on the page.
3. The photo above shows the punched borders, the fun vellum sparkles paper and the fun snow, frigid, Winter title section. Also aren't the cute diamond dew drop snowflakes perfect?
4. This section showcases the fabulous fun doily which has a rubon santa and is backed with the sparkle loops of straw.
5. After placing the photos, custom-fit the last punched border (trim as needed) and add the matted 'Family Christmas', centered below the photo at the right.
6. Just remember when adding finishing touches to Christmas pages.. that anything with sparkle is a perfect fit.
Thanks for stopping by. I enjoyed sharing with you. If you like my style and want to see more please visit my blog where I share lots of different pages with family and friends.