Saturday, May 18, 2013

SWAT Challenge #8




SWAT Challenge #8 hosts a sketch by Becci Manies .. see below.
I had to turn it sideways and flip it over to use the sketch. I fully intended to
make a double page layout and started on the left side with Becci's sketch.
Be sure to stop by the blog and see what the DT has to reveal.


Below is my finished doulbe. I was working on 1 of 3 April Project 12 themed pages. 
This month was so busy and has so many things happen 1 double wasn't going to 
get the job done.... (be sure to stop by and see the other 2 doubles when they are done).


On this double I share events both in Florida before we left and  also the things we came home to.
I start with our fun luncheon at Archie's Bike Bar... they have such
cool accent and decorating pieces around the facility.
Inside the place the walls have many license plates from all states and countries.
Down at the Fort Pierce water front we saw this amazing huge fish caught 
and the pelicans sit on the local docked vessels.
I also share a photo weeks after the wild fires we were evacuated
 from and it shows how bad it really was.
Lastly is the 2 photos of the Ice Storm we came home to
with major flooding, power outages for 14 hours or more and with 
no heat after being in Florida.. we were freezing.

Below are some close up and I'll share what I used. 


On this section I used cork board, some fun metal shapes and 
added more fun bold bright cardstock pennants.
The title is thickers but also some fun scrabble board letters.


Making sure the fun bold colouring stretched across the double  prompted 
this small twine header banner. I thought the colours were just
a little too bold so I stamped the image on them all.


In this section I continued across the double with twine and again added
some more fun and bold stamped coloured arrows touched off with a metal piece.
Also the fun bold description journal tags carry the 
colour scheme across the double page too.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love how you flipped the sketch and then made a double page layout with it! Way to stretch that sketch!!