Monday, August 15, 2011

SCORING on your layouts and cards

SCORING... If you have an authentic scoring board... great. BUT if not... replace the cutting blade with the scoring blade in your regular cutter. When scoring you can go vertical, horizontal or criss cross.. and by any measurements you like... however equal parts is the best.


After scoring your background or mat... use ink to detail it and pop it off the paper.


Here is a close up of boxed scoring on background and inked and a special marking on the square accent pieces that I scored and inked too.



This is my double page layout above using scoring and inking.. I love the effect with this technique.


On my sample card I scored the shape of bricks to form my background. As long as your consistent with your shapes and sizes they should look fabulous. Have fun scoring on your projects.

I am using this technique this month at Cookin' Up Creations and also We Scrap.




Photobucket

1 comment:

LisaM said...

Love the look of the technique Bev! Awesome card and 2 pager!