Friday, January 1, 2010

Scrap A Little REVEAL JAN 01, 2010

The January challenge was a color challenge:
You had to use pink, blue and brown. You were allowed to use other colors too, but those three have to be predominant.
The twist for the challenge is to use the word "NEW" in the title.
AND HERE IS MINE:


The colours are great together... actually quite rich looking with a soft touch.
I used an origami xmas tree with lots of bling and pearls. Cricut cut the ornaments, presents and the title. Distressed and used ink, border punched and added few brads. I used the sewing machine to border the whole page and hand stitched in the cluster of ornaments. I snuck the word NEW in the sub title on the bottom. I love scrapping but the added excitement of little sneak peaks and a big reveal every month is going to be fun.
This is one of Helen's Sketches that I used.. it was perfect for my layout.

Be sure to check the whole design teams reveals at

6 comments:

Diana Joy said...

I love, love, love this layout....teach me how to make your tree; please.

Lisamariemlt said...

love your layout
that tree is amazing!!

Kristie said...

Amazing origami tree Bev! Love it, you rocked the challenge!!!

Veronica said...

Awesome LO, Bev! I just love the origami tree and your LO details are so beautiful!

mustangkayla said...

Such a pretty layout! You ROCKED the sketch! Love the polka dot paper and that tree is incredible!

Okispice said...

I saw this over at Scrap a Little. Can you share with me how you made that tree? okispice@hotmail.com
Theresa