Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Doodling Tutorial and Cookin' Up Creations

Welcome today to Tuesday Techniques... and HAPPY VALENTINES DAY

So here is my RECIPE this month for DOODLING:
Supply list:
paper, photo(S), pens, markers, paint
optional: stamps and ink and misting

METHOD for DOODLING

DOODLING.... YOU CAN DO IT
Doodling is one of the easiest and cheapest things to do. It is described as scribbling aimlessly.
Remember doodling is supposed to look imperfect. It's just a doodle not a drawing masterpiece. It's supposed to be fun.
Doodling is penwork that can be added to the whole page with doodles and accents or just journaling.

START with some basic lines over and over. Now change direction. Add some waves to the lines.
DO IT QUICKLY.
Do swirls, curves, zig zags, loops and random patterns.
Try some shapes like hearts, stars, diamonds, flowers and circles.
After you have a shape try adding lines or dots to it.
Take a die cut and add dots, lines or circles.
ADD lines to corners, around things or fill shapes.

Here is a sample 12x12 page of doodles just to give you an idea of some of the options you have... and many more once you try this on your own.

Make all your own accents... don't use any store bought ones.
I made the banner, flag and the ticket.

My sample page
On my page I used paint to doodle accent the 2 corners around the photo.
I made my own ticket from paper and used white gel pen to add details to it and numbers.
Made the little flag accents.
I added 3 background accents.. 2 stamps and some spray.
The banner was made and white gel pen accents to every piece and the loops doodled to suspend the banner.
Doodling added: corners, music notes, title, brackets, waves, flourish & dots.

If you like to doodle and would like to share your project I'd like to see it. Link below to your blog or leave a link in the comment section.

I am also sharing this today at Scrap Scene WIP Monday. Be sure to check it out.






Photobucket

2 comments:

kristie said...

ohh I love all the doodling1 looks awesome!

Melissa Bi. said...

Great doodling!!