Thursday, December 27, 2018

Ann Butler Design - Amazing Inks for Stamping

Amazing Ink Makes Stamping so much easier...fun techniques


I Created these super Christmas cards using Stamp/die sets and the best ever Inks by Ann Butler. I experimented with the stamp die sets to create the layers and scenes.... and using fabulous inks with such amazing colour made them look perfect.

I would like to share some fun techniques I used to create these 2 cards. When you have coordinating stamp/die sets of the same images it allows you to be a bit more creative with the layers. I will tell you in detail what I did on each card.

Here are a few close views to showcase some details.

Step 1:

This photo shows black stamping just the church.


Step 2:

The image is then die cut in machine.

Step 3:

I then switched out the ink to the fabulous evergreen for the 2 trees.


Step 4:

The images are then all die cut in the machine to create the full scene on this one. So black church in the background and the 2 side trees have black in back and green to the front for demension. More plain unstamped trees cut and a sentiment and added to the bottom of the card.


*************************************


Here is the 2nd card with some details.


Step 1:

For this card I stamped on the actual card base with only the 2 trees in black leaving room between the trees to locate the stamped and die cut church.


Step 2:

I also allowed room to stamp the sentiment on the lower edge of the card base.


Step 3:

I then stamped lots of evergreen  tree groupings for accents. I placed the church slightly lower than the black trees. I added some green trees directly over the original ones.


Step 4:

I then added one more green tree to right side to even out the sides and fullness. It looked very plain on the out edges so I made a cardstock outer thin frame to pull it together. Using black pen I doodled some stitches in upper corners and drew a straight link to base the sentiment.



Step 5:

You can then stamp inside using your own verses or be sure to check out the newest digital sentiments from Ann's Store. 



Step 5:

I added one of Ann's verses to the 2nd card. I printed them all ... cut them apart. I matted it with black cardstock and glued it to the inside of card.



Ann Butler Designs Products used:

  • Card base/ envelope
  • Tattered Lace Church Die set
  • Trimcraft Sentiments Dies 
  • White gel pen and Micron black pen
  • Beacon 3-in-1 glue

Tools:

  • Tim Holtz Stamping Platform
  • Tim Holtz Vagabond die cut machine
  • Tim Holtz mini Tool Set
  • Fiskars Trimmer

   

No comments: