Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Creative Embellishments August Challenge


Creative Embellishments August challenge is up. Sure hope you'll take time to play along. So many fun things to choose from in the mood palette and the twist to use #hashtags.
This super Lacrosse sports page showcases the use of #hashtags and using the colour yellow from the mood board challenge. I painted the sports hashtags and number 28 with yellow paint... but left the washi tape clusters natural colour. The themed sports papers are from Paper House.



I started this page knowing I was going to use lots of #hashtag sports tags and they would be bright yellow. After pulling some photos I laid out what I thought i'd try on this page? or part of it?
I chose to hand cut octagon shapes out of cork for behind the photos. It still need some more colour to pop the photos off the dark background... so I cut a black strip and a white pennant edge piece. 



The background  was still too dark so I used a stencil and added it in white modeling paste where the photos wouldn't be covering it.


Now I started gluing thing back down from the back to the front.


I painted the chipboards a fun bright yellow.


All the fun bright yellow #hashtags look great and I added her # to the mix too.


I wanted to add more to the page.. so on the bottom I signo white gel pen doodled the year and also added a chipboard accent.



This close up gives you a great view of the central section where the photos are. It has some great colour, layers and accents to showcase the photos to keep them front and centre.




No comments: