Sunday, October 23, 2016

Halloween card for the ScraPerfect Challenge


Hi.. so how is your weekend going? Mine is fabulous thank you! I have organized my scrappy space, received new products and happy to be creating and sharing with you today.
The leaves were changing when we left and the colours were amazing. Love the colours of fall/ autumn and had fun creating this card for you. Today I am multitasking with some amazing products and I am entering the challenge at ScraPerfect.... to make a Halloween card. I am mixing it up with ScraPerfect, The Rubber Buggy and Creative Embellishments ... what a great combo. I am entering this into the Creative Inspiration Mini Crop challenge also.

Supply List:
ScraPerfect Best Ever Glue
ScraPerfect Embellie Gellie
ScraPerfect Transfer Foils
Other: Cardstock Tim Holtz ranger ink


1. Start by pulling mix and match papers and a cardstock base. And a favourite glue. I have just started using ScraPerfect Best Ever glue and am totally thrilled with it. I love the fine tip for gluing all those small thin accents but it's easy to use on full papers too.


2. Start by cutting and inking the layers you have chosen for you card.


3. Glue them together in layers.


4. Using the Embellie Gellie made holding onto the chipboard and applying the Best Ever Glue so easy.


5. I am going to be adding the ScraPerfect transfer Foil to the chipboard which is so easy... this is my first time trying this technique so learn along with me. You glue the right side of chipboard ... I used Best Ever Glue. You then let it sit until it changes colour from white to clear. It is then still sticky enough to apply the foil.


6. Press down firmly on the foil to chipboard to make the transfer. Then quickly but firmly pull away foil from the chipboard leaving the foil adhering to the accent piece.


7. Above is the view of foiled chipboard from Creative Embellishments.


8. Next I repeated the foil transfer technique only this time I wanted multi colour.. so you just firmly press down in spots and move the foil over to next spot. Change colours and repeat the process.


9. Above are my 2 accents foiled for my card.


10. Using my Embellie Gellie to hold onto the chipboards.. I glues the backs with Best Glue Ever and applied to my card. So easy to release them into place. 


11. Next up was the border stripe accent to base, the title and my card was finished. 

 

Thanks for stopping by today. If you'd like to make a Halloween card for our challenge be sure to link it to the challenge so we can view it too. 

4 comments:

Penny said...

This turned out beautiful Bev! Love Penny

Katie said...

Lovely card and love the pumpkin

Tania said...

Such a fabulous card Bev! Love how you have altered the chippies :)

Colleen said...

Great job on the challenge Bev and fun tutorial.