Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Sympathy card that is close to my Heart.

DSCF6838
Today at Just Imagine I am sharing the card that is close to my heart. With the passing of our DIL's dad I was in need of a sympathy card. It is with sadness I make this card to honour the memory of a dear family member and let the them know how special he was to us and them.. and that memories are a treasure. They need to be special and still give the sense of love, support and tenderness. I chose this floral punch Kreaxions #309 to centre the card using soft earthtones. It was created by using Kreaxions Circle Cutter, marking the punch marks using the stencils and punching all around. I also punched the outer corner using the same punch and used the B insert. I knew I wanted the sentiment in the centre of the circle, found the flourish  and Thinking of You both which are SRM stickers. Matting them made them pop. With enough space still through the centre I used Kreaxions Punch #929 with A insert and matted it with a darker colour. Fall away pieces were added to the top and bottom of card around the brad accents. The base colour I choose was a Patterned navy blue to contrast the beige and brown in the other papers used.
DSCF6839
The close up shows the details better.. lots of layers and depth. You can also see the circular bases and rings made using the Kreaxions Circle Cutter.
DSCF6840
Inside the card I printed some sympathy verses with inked edges to soften it....and matted it to a base with the top and bottom Kreaxions Punches with #920 and insert A.
It 's never an occasion we like to celebrate but a neccessary part of life...
Thanks for stopping by..
Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card, Bev. Sympathy cards aren't easy to make, especially for somebody we're close to. I love the inside too.

Thanks for stopping by my new blog and becoming a follower and leaving such a sweet comment. Hugs