Monday, October 28, 2013

The Robin's Nest.. Masquerade Contest..Tutorials.. lots of black n white


The Robin's Nest is hosting a Masquerade Contest.. it is so much fun.
Create a mask using their products and enter.
Here is my mask. 
Supply list:
Robin's Nest Products: 
Papers:
Gem Stones: 
Other: gold cardstock, ribbons

I started with just a base shaped mask which I ripped 3 different pieces of papers and layered
them across the base from bottom edge to top edge. I glued them down well and let them dry.
Then following the pattern on the back side and I cut the mask out. 
After that I started to decorate and accent it.. so many options depending
on what you find in your stash.
I didn't have feathers with me so I made them ... and 
also made the medallion or accordion flower from matching papers.


Below is the instructions for the feathers and medallion flower.

Here is the patterns to make some feathers by Lia Griffith:


Here is the link with instructions - http://liagriffith.com/paper-feathers-simple-to-make/

and also here is the video by me to make the accordion or medallion flower:




Lots of fun gem stones to bling up the mask.. they were a perfect touch.

Here is a template if you need a base to start with... increase it to actual size you'd like.

Below is the info about the contest.. sure hope you'll play along with us..
and you still have about 15 days to play along.

I used the shape of the mask from the poster below...
maybe that's what you'd like to do too... just increase the size when you print it.


For the month of October at the Robin's Nest we created with this amazing paper line 
and lots of the black n white prints that they carry.
I had so much fun making feathers I thought why not make some more but 
put them on a layout .. they were a perfect touch with the great
Robin's Nest product.

Supply List:
Robin's Nest:
Accent Sheets: Black Journaling
Other: gesso on paper, bling, ink, stamped title, old book paper 



In this close up you see bling.. homemade feathers using Robin's Nest Papers
and in the right side the start of a few Diamond Shaped Dew Drops.


Look at the amazing and fun clocks... what a great accent... and dew drop added to centres.


Behind the stamped title is a piece of the black journal sheet.
Thanks for visiting today.. I enjoyed sharing with you today.. and
be sure to come back again.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Debbie P said...

Love these projects Bev! The mask is so gorgeous and I love your lovely layout! What a great video!