Welcome to my blog today. I am super excited to share my project that is special made for the Shabby is Chic Boutique design team call. I had a chance to visit their FB store and OMG amazing fun beautiful products. It would be amazing to design for them and get to share with all my follows here and on FB feeds.
Paper: Blue Fern Studio Serendipity Collection Merriment
Lace: Venice 1 3/4", crochet lace
Border Ribbon: Lemon Craft
Accents: Unique Doily, Gem stones
Die: Memory Box Square Links, Baptisa
Chipboard: 7 Dot Studio
Flowers: Wild Orchid
Leaves: Mulberry green paper
Ink: Tim Holtz ranger
Punch: Martha Stewart
Other: metal accent, beads, cardstock, ribbon, stickles
1. To start this layout we will be pulling 3-5 coordinating with about 3 print and 2 cardstock options.
2. We are going to hand rip the top and bottom of main sheet to add a ripped cardstock accent and then layer again with another coordinating print. Be sure to ink the edges for a pop of colour and depth in your project.
Below is the top and bottom border layers complete.
3. Now we will estimate photo location and cut a coordinating print for behind. Ink the edges. (none of this is glued down yet)
4. Now the fun part.. pull from your stash the accents that you might want to use plus a few extra for last minute changes. I chose some big floral lace, some small thin line lace, bling, border lace, chipboard title "The Story" and the word "Love", a doily, some brads, ribbon, a stick pin, and a metal accent. This is just for starters. I position them in estimate space until I like the look. I also took a 2nd sheet of print that matched the base and fussy cut the butterflies to ink and pop up over the original ones.
5. At this point you will see in the photo above some die cut accents cut in my Big Shot Express and a large circle cut with my Kreaxions Circle cutter. I punched a few paper flowers too.
6. Now just for reference take a photo to refer back to about the placement of things.
7. Remove all the extra accents. At this point I also decided that the photo need a very thin double matt in white and pink.
8. Now start gluing down the main background pieces working your way from the back to the front layer.
Here is a closer view of some of the layers you just glued down.
9. In this section (the upper right corner) I fussy cut the piece from the double print paper, added the piece of lace and then the metal accent. It was then popped up over the main paper.
Here is a side view.. be sure to ink the edges and look at the depth it adds to your project.
10. Here are the fussy cut butterflies with edges inked ready to glue to the page.
11. I thought I'd be adding this chipboard to this page so I used liquid pearls to cover the word.
Here it is done and set aside to dry. (never did end up using it LOL but it was ready)
12. I wanted more butterflies so I punched this one twice.. bottom with cardstock and top one with a glitter paper. You glue the cardstock one down flat on the page and bend the wings of the glitter one up leaving the centre flat for gluing over the bottom one.
13. In this close up you can see how the accents were placed on the page.. some flat to page and some popped up and other shaped .. all this gives the fabulous layers to your page. Below are the other butterflies and clusters for your viewing.
14. Next I started gluing down the laces.
15. Here is the pleated ribbon border. It held with glue but I used the sewing machine to reinforce it.
16. In this section you can also see the small cluster of flowers with stems and the added tied ribbon bow. Behind you can view the die cut floral all put together.
17. This view showcases the doily, die cut squares, part of the circle and also not the cute brads in the upper left corner.
18. This section showcases the upper right clustered section where I added the title and a very small cluster of flowers with leaf and beads. I also added the bling on sides of the metal accent piece.
19. The last thing I do is add stickles ... then set it aside to dry as to not smudge them.
Here are some more closer views to highlight the accents.
This is the central photo section where it showcases all the accents around the main photo. Your photo should always stand out over the rest of the page which just accents your page.