Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Scrapping Bug

My Official start at The Scrapping Bug is July but we were allowed to jump in the month of June because we are celebating  “ School is Out”... What a great theme because that means so many options to play with.

Well I visited the store and while there some Take and Make Kits jumped at me and inspired the challenges.
First up is Sun Kissed


Instructions on kits say “The following instructions are guidelines only! Remember to let your creative juices flow – it's ok to change the layout to suit your photos or overall “feeling”.

My Challenge since school is out is to remember Summer is HOT HOT HOT. Create a page that shows HOT HOT HOT either in colour, with the photos or surprise us!

I chose this kit for HOT HOT HOT red and the bold bright fun Yellow... and the my theme is a day at the beach with family. Everyone had a great time. I changed this page up a bit with The Robins Nest dew drops, some doodling, some stitching, added inked edges and some brads. I think it looks amazing and love double page layout with lots of photos.


Now lets work with Beach Babe


My Challenge since school is out is to remember Summer is for fun in the sun, vacations, cottage or beach time, lunch in the park.. so many summer themes to choose from. Create a page that shows a theme for summer and the twist is to use at least 2 photos and the colour Yellow somewhere on it.

I chose this kit for the fun bright Yellow and general water beach theme but changed the title to “at the Lake” with family. Everyone had a great time. I changed this page up a bit by moving the photos and only matting a few instead of all of them. I inked the edges, stitched a bit, make a cute flag, added doodled ric rac, a hand cut fish, added The Robin's Nest dew drops and a metal charm. I think it looks amazing and love double page layout with lots of photos.









This is just the start of a fun term at The Scrapping Bug. Sure hope you 'll visit and play along with us every month.. looking forward to sharing so many things with you.


No comments: